Order Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates; Pay for Dog Licenses, Late Fees; Order Documents
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM, Tuesday Evenings 5:00PM to 8:00PM, Wednesday 8:30AM to 12:00PM
The Town Clerk is elected every three years. The Town Clerk is:
- Chief Election Official: Oversees all elections, voter registration sessions, certifies nomination papers, initiative petitions and conducts annual town census
- Recording Officer: Records, certifies and maintains all official actions of the town
- Registry of Vital Statistics: Registers all birth, marriage, and death records occurring within the community
- Public Records Officer: Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed members. Posts all meetings of government bodies. Provides certified copies of vital records.Maintains records of all local bylaws
- Licensing Officer: Issues licenses and permits: marriage, dog, and permits for raffles and bazaars
- Public Information Officer: Responds to inquiries from the general public on information available through the officer
ALL ELECTIONS ARE HELD AT 29 FOREST ST., SENIOR CENTER
Annual Town Election: Held the first Monday of May from 7 AM to 8 PM at the Senior Center located at 29 Forest Street.
Annual Town Meeting: Held the Friday following the Annual Town Election at 7:30 PM in the Elementary School Auditorium.