The Town Clerk is elected every three years. The Town Clerk is:
- Chief election official: Oversees all elections, voter registration sessions, certifies nomination papers, initiative petitions and conducts annual town census.
- Recording officer: Records, certifies and maintains all official actions of the town
- Registry of vital statistics: Registers all birth, marriage, and death records occurring within the community
- Public records officer: Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed members. Posts all meetings of government bodies. Provides certified copies of vital records.Maintains records of all local bylaws.
- Licensing officer: Issues licenses and permits: marriage, dog, and permits for raffles and bazaars
- Public Information Officer: Responds to inquiries from the general public on information available through the officer.
ALL ELECTIONS ARE HELD AT 29 FOREST ST., SENIOR CENTER
Annual Town Election: Held the first Monday of May from 7 AM to 8 PM held at the Senior Center located at 29 Forest St.
Annual Town Meeting: Held the Friday following the Annual Town Election at 7:30 PM at the Elementary School Auditorium.
Sheila A Buzzell